Even thought things seem to be warming up, winter seems to be lingering in the Midwest these days. We still rely on our heating devices to keep our homes warm and cozy. However, it is extremely important we follow safety measures in order to ensure we have a warm, safe house.
Some of these Tips include:
• Make sure anything that can burn is at least three feet away from heating devices.
• Make sure all stationary heating devices are installed by a trained professional.
• Ensure heating equipment, vents and chimneys are cleaned and checked on an annual basis.
• Ensure children stay at least 3 feet away from any heating device.
• Make sure the correct type of fuel is used for your particular heating device.
Following guidelines provided by your safety professionals and taking simple steps like these to protect your loved ones can mean all the difference in creating a warm and safe home during the cold winter.