Think about your latest energy bill. If your hair is starting to rise, you might consider a strategy to permanently reduce it. This isn’t even a challenging task anymore. For starters, focus on heating and cooling. This item makes up the largest portion of an average energy bill (approx. 46%).
- Inspect your heating system on a regular basis
- Clean or replace furnace filters
- Don’t block heat registers and air return ducts
- Adjust your air conditioning system to the size of your home
- Own an air conditioning system with a high energy efficiency rating (EER)
- Clean or replace the filter annually
For more information on reducing your energy bill, take a look at the following link: https://www.consumersenergy.com/uploadedFiles/CEWEB/SHARED/more-100-ways-save-on-bill12-06.pdf